Moms struggling with drug and alcohol addiction often face a tough choice: taking care of themselves or taking care of their children. At Odyssey House, moms don’t have to make that choice.
Healthy Mothers, Healthy Families (HMHF) is a component of the Family Center for pregnant women, mothers with infants, and their families. HMHF brings in additional resources to engage the mothers’ extended family members in the recovery process and provides continuity of care after completion of residential treatment.
- Evidence-based interventions, including Motivational Interviewing, Strengthening Families Program, and Connecticut Community Addiction Recovery peer mentoring;
- Family-focused services to strengthen family cohesion and support reunification, including parenting education and interventions and social and recreational activities;
- On-site child care;
- Mental health promotion and assessment, prevention and treatment services, in a trauma-informed context; and
- Social services, including home visits, education, vocational, employment, financial, and health care services.
If you have a client who may benefit from these services, please call an Admissions Specialist at 866-888-7880.
Beds Available Now!
Odyssey House offers:
- Virtual assessments (via video or phone)
- On-site COVID-19 diagnostic and antibody testing
- Medication-assisted treatment
- Ability to manage medical and psychiatric co-morbidities