HARM REDUCTION SERVICES
As an Odyssey House client, you’ll receive high-quality care and services that respect your health and dignity.
Our approach incorporates individualized treatment plans, evidence-based practices, medication-assisted treatment, recovery support, and harm reduction services.
Harm reduction is precisely what it sounds like: reducing the harm associated with using drugs through various tools and strategies. These services aim to decrease the stigma associated with addiction, increase health literacy, and connect you with additional community-based services as needed and wanted.
At Odyssey House, you’ll have access to harm reduction tools such as:
- Opioid overdose reversal training (Narcan)
- Fentanyl residue test strips (Outpatient Services and Recovery Center clients)
- Safer sex counseling, condoms, and dental dams
- Screening for infectious diseases: Hepatitis C, STDs, HIV
- Nicotine replacement therapy
For more information:
- You can read more about our harm reduction services in this article.
- Visit the NYS Office of Addiction Services and Supports website to learn how harm reduction works with treatment, prevention, and recovery services to save lives.
Are you ready to take the first step to recovery?
Call us at 866-888-7880 and speak confidentially to one of our admissions specialists.
We’ll help you find a way, regardless of your ability to pay.
What’s the difference between casual use and addiction?
How can you help a loved one who is struggling with addiction?
Need to talk? We’re here to help you, not to judge you.
Want to help? Join us in helping fellow New Yorkers in need.