If you’re an older adult struggling with drugs and alcohol, you’re not alone. In fact, a U.S. health agency estimates that 4.4 million baby boomers and older will suffer from a substance use disorder by 2020.
Because the challenges you face are often unique, we created an ElderCare program—a NYC drug and alcohol rehab program designed for the special needs of men and women 55 years old and above.
Some of our clients have tried to hide their addiction their whole lives. Others turned to drugs or alcohol in the face of later-life challenges—from losing jobs or spouses to dealing with the physical pain and loneliness of getting older.
However your life got off track, Odyssey House will help you find a better way forward. As part of our ElderCare residential program, you’ll live and work with older New Yorkers like you who have said enough is enough. Family members are encouraged to participate in group sessions, seminars and other therapeutic activities with you.
Once you complete your program, we’ll work with you to find transitional or permanent housing. And you can always depend on Odyssey House for peer-group support and outpatient services to help you maintain the life you desire for your family—without drugs or alcohol.
OUR ELDERCARE TREATMENT PROGRAM FEATURES:
- Individualized lengths of stay
- Mature staff with experience in geriatric care
- Focus on group treatment with community responsibility and accountability
- On-site licensed primary medical and dental clinics, HIV testing and counseling
- Medication-assisted treatment
- Age-appropriate cultural, fitness, and recreational activities
- Adult Basic Education and High School Equivalency (HSE/TASC) test prep
- Job training and employment assistance
- Fitness and wellness and cultural activities
- Housing support, including: community residence, independent scattered-site housing, or community-based skilled nursing facilities
- Discharge planning, including: peer support network; individual and group therapy
Odyssey House’s ElderCare program employ evidence-based treatment services, including Cognitive Behavioral Therapy and Trauma-Informed Seeking Safety.
Does Odyssey House take insurance?
We work with public and private insurers, as well as NYC social services agencies, to help you find the best means to fund your care.
Are you ready to take the first step to recovery?
Call us at 866-888-7880 and speak confidentially to one of our admissions specialists.
We’ll help you find a way, regardless of your ability to pay.
What’s the difference between casual use and addiction?
How can you help a loved one who can’t stay clean?
Need to talk? We’re here to help you, not to judge you.
Want to help? Join us in helping fellow New Yorkers in need.