Moms battling drug and alcohol addiction often face a tough choice: taking care of themselves or taking care of their children.
At Odyssey House, you don’t have to make that choice, because pregnant women and parents with children can stay together, helping to build stronger families.
We help mothers learn how to break the cycle of substance abuse and create nurturing homes for their children.
Our Family Center of Excellence provides a bright, safe and supportive environment for you to overcome your substance abuse and learn new life skills—from managing emotional stress to developing better parenting skills.
Odyssey House’s Family Center provides on-site daycare, licensed by the New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene. Additionally, our Early Head Start pre-school program can help your children stay on track while you’re getting your life back on track.
Once you complete your program, we’ll work with you to find transitional or permanent housing. And you can always depend on Odyssey House for peer-group support and outpatient services to help you maintain the life you desire for your family—without drugs or alcohol.
OUR TREATMENT PROGRAMS FOR MOTHERS AND CHILDREN FEATURE:
- Individual, group, and family counseling
- Department of Health-licensed day care with on-site Early Head Start
- On-site primary medical care with specialties in OB/GYN, psychiatry, and HIV/AIDS
- Specialized pediatric services provided in partnership with the Institute for Family Health
- Medication-assisted treatment
- Health education and parenting skills training, including medication management and Activities of Daily Living training
- Anger management and relapse prevention
- Adult Basic Education and High School Equivalency (HSE/TASC) test prep
- Job training and employment assistance
- Fitness and wellness and cultural activities
- Family transitional community residences
- Independent housing support
Odyssey House treatment programs for women and children employ evidence-based treatment services, including Motivational Enhancement Therapy; Trauma, Recovery and Empowerment; and Nurturing Parent Program for Families in Substance Abuse Treatment and Recovery.
What’s the difference between casual use and addiction?
How can you help a loved one who can’t stay clean?
Need to talk? We’re here to help you, not to judge you.
Want to help? Join us in helping fellow New Yorkers in need.