International Women’s Day on March 8th marks an opportunity to celebrate the achievements of women worldwide and raise awareness against bias and discrimination. Knowing that bias exists is important but not enough. We all play a role in accelerating gender equality. Below are some ways to take action this International Women’s Day and beyond.
- Expand your perspective with the Global Citizen article 6 Reasons Gender Equality Is Crucial to Achieving the UN’s Global Goals
- Share your International Women’s Day #BreakTheBias video with the world
- Download International Women’s Day Zoom backgrounds or create your own
- Take the quiz Can You Recognize Unconscious Gender Bias in the Workplace
- Familiarize yourself with 6 common microaggressions toward women
- Consider The Questions We Should Be Asking about our role in normalizing inequity among gender identities
Celebrating Women’s History Month
Follow us on Instagram as we celebrate the kind and courageous women who innovated the field of substance use disorder treatment and recovery throughout history. The many women clients, staff, and partners of the Odyssey House community honor their legacies of leadership, empathy, and dedication every day. We are so proud of all the women in our Odyssey House Family.