Moms struggling with drug and alcohol addiction often face a tough choice: taking care of themselves or taking care of their children. At Odyssey House, moms don’t have to make that choice.
Healthy Mothers, Healthy Families 3 (HMHF3) is a component of the Family Center for pregnant women, mothers with infants, and their families. HMHF3 aims to support pregnant and postpartum women, along with their children, who are undergoing residential substance use disorder treatment.
- Evidence-based interventions, including Motivational Interviewing, Trauma Recovery Empowerment Model, Solution-Focused Therapy, and Recovery Coaching;
- Family-focused services to strengthen family cohesion and support reunification, including parenting education and interventions and social and recreational activities;
- On-site child care;
- Mental health promotion and assessment, prevention and treatment services, in a trauma-informed context; and
- Social services, including home visits, education, vocational, employment, financial, and health care services.
To enhance retention, a Family Peer Advocate will provide additional support, ensuring a comprehensive range of services. Licensed social workers will implement these evidence-based practices in a trauma-informed context, addressing crucial issues to foster long-term recovery for the participating women.
If you have a client who may benefit from these services, please call an Admissions Specialist at 866-888-7880.
Beds Available Now!
Odyssey House offers:
- Virtual assessments (via video or phone)
- On-site COVID-19 diagnostic and antibody testing
- Medication-assisted treatment
- Ability to manage medical and psychiatric co-morbidities