Skip to content


Do you help children, teens and seniors, as well as adults?

Odyssey House specializes in delivering individualized drug and alcohol treatment programs to meet the specialized needs of New Yorkers of all ages—starting at 10 years old. We have no age limit and help significant others and entire families, too.

What exactly is included in my treatment?

We individualize our treatment programs based on your specific needs and circumstances. Learn more about the comprehensive outpatient services that may be included in the plan we create for you.

How long are individual treatment and counseling sessions?

Sessions vary in length, but are typically not longer than 60 minutes.

How long do I have to be in the program?

The time varies based on your needs, circumstances and scheduling availability. Most programs are three to 12 months, depending on your participation.

What do I need to bring with me to get started?

Please bring some form of government ID, like a driver’s license or passport, and insurance information. If you are under 18 years old, or escorting someone under 18 years old, you’ll also need a birth certificate and proof of guardianship. If you don’t have these items, don’t worry; we can help you obtain them.

Is there flexible scheduling?

Yes, we do our best to schedule around your work and family needs, including offering day and evening options.

Will I receive a MetroCard for coming?

Depending on where you live and your insurance coverage, yes. If eligible, you will receive a round-trip MetroCard each day you participate in one of our programs or services.

Do you provide childcare?

Sorry, no. But we will follow up with the NYC Administration for Children’s Services (ACS) or Human Resources Administration (HRA) to help you obtain childcare vouchers.

Can I still drink alcohol?

No, but we’ll help you learn how to stay alcohol-free.

Can I come in just for Vivitrol?

No, Vivitrol and other medication-assisted treatments require counseling support.

Can I just come for a drug test?

Sorry, no. Whether your drug test is positive or negative, we need more information about your health and life to determine whether you need treatment, and to design an individualized treatment program for you if you do.

Can you help me with housing?

Yes, we can provide you with housing assistance, including help with completing HRA 2010e housing applications.

Do you provide employment services?

We have a vocational counselor who can assess your needs and help you with obtaining employment, education and training.

Do you offer a Diabetes Prevention Program?

We provide counseling and therapy for alcohol use disorder. We provide referrals to qualified Diabetes Prevention Programs.

Do you provide breakfast or lunch?

We provide coffee, tea, and light snacks.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This

Share this post with your friends!