The last Wednesday of each month, we recognize an Odyssey House employee for their positive wellness efforts. This person is working on their wellness goals and along the way, they are inspiring others around them. This employee is the Wellness Wednesday Champion.
Congratulations to this month’s Wellness Wednesday Champion, Stephanie Clemente! Stephanie is a wellness captain at the Manor and is very encouraging of others around her to eat healthily and stay active! She’s leading by example.
Wellness Champion Q & A with Stephanie Clemente, June 2019
- Odyssey House site/position: Manor/Entitlements Specialist
- What’s your favorite food? Chopped salad: lots of greens, grilled chicken, cherry tomatoes, avocado, cucumbers, mixed peppers, black beans, cauliflower, and broccoli.
- What’s your favorite way to stay fit? Being aware of what I put in my mouth and lots of walking.
- Any words of wisdom for other OH employees looking to improve their health? During my new fitness journey there have been some keywords that have given me strength each day:
- Motivation: Staying motivated and knowing your goals is an easy way to stay on track. Find your motivation and make it work for you.
- Swapping: Sweet tooth or chip fan, look for alternatives. There are so many different healthier options then what we’re used to and it may feel like a sacrifice. Everything good is worth fighting for.
- Awareness: Being aware of everything you eat is key. With our busy lives, finding a tracker that works for you can be very helpful.
- Cardio: Walking is the best. Pump up the headphones and walk!
- Water: Live by it!! I used to hate it but now I can’t go a day without getting plenty of water. Progress!
- Peer Support: I couldn’t have done this without the support from my friends, family and Admissions/Manor staff. Find a group and motivate each other. Trust me, it works.
- Above all, know that you should never give up. If you mess up for one day, do not beat yourself up about it; just wake up the next day and pick up where you left off.
Do you want to nominate an employee who motivates you to live healthier? Please email email@example.com with the employee’s name and a few sentences as to why they deserve to be a Wellness Wednesday Champion.