While research suggests that the anti-inflammatory diet can be beneficial in reducing some chronic conditions, it’s also a generally healthy way of eating that can be beneficial for everyone due to its high amounts of fresh produce, healthy fats, and high fiber levels from whole grains and legumes. Here are some anti-inflammatory foods. Can you include some of these foods daily?
- Fruits: While all fruit is good, be sure to eat plenty of fruits rich in anthocyanins, which is found in dark blue, purple, and red produce like cherries, berries, grapes, plums, and pomegranate. High fiber fruits, like pears and apples, are great as well!
- Vegetables: The more vegetables, the better! Give special attention to dark leafy greens, like spinach and kale, as they are particularly rich in nutrients.
- Whole Grains: Packed with fiber, whole grains like oatmeal, quinoa, wheat pasta, and whole-grain bread are included in the anti-inflammatory diet.
- Nuts, Seeds, and Healthy Fats: Natural peanut butter and other nut butters, nuts, olive oil, avocado, and seeds – include chia and flax seeds, are staples in this healthy eating plan.
- Fish: Fish, especially salmon, are some of the best anti-inflammatory foods to focus on due to their healthy unsaturated fats and omega-3 fatty acid content.
- Legumes: Legumes, like beans and lentils, are high in fiber and protein, so they help keep you full plus regulate your digestive system.
Source: Eating Well