The excitement of living as a young adult in New York City can often be outweighed by its many challenges. Odyssey House can help you bring the two in balance, giving you a greater sense of purpose, direction and control of your life.
Recognizing the needs of young men and women 18 to 24 years old are often different, we operate separate male and female residential treatment facilities. As a participant, you’ll learn how to recognize your patterns of substance abuse and confront the underlying issues that may have caused you to start using drugs or alcohol in the first place.
At Odyssey House, you’ll live and learn in a peer-driven environment that provides family-like structure and support. Supervised by a caring team of counselors, teachers, and health care personnel, you’ll receive the individualized support and attention you need to live the healthy life you want to lead—free of drugs and alcohol.
We’ll help you to rebuild areas of your life often affected by substance use, including school, mental health, self-esteem, family and other relationships.
Extracurricular and physical fitness activities will enrich your experience and help you stay focused on your treatment. Counselors will also encourage you to take advantage of the nearby youth facilities, theaters, museums, and other cultural resources.
OUR TREATMENT PROGRAMS FOR YOUNG ADULTS FEATURE:
- Separate treatment centers for male and female clients
- High staff-to-client ratio
- Individual, group, and family therapy
- Substance abuse counseling with evidence-based and age-appropriate interventions
- Access to primary health care, dental and psychiatric services
- Medication-assisted treatment
- On-site fitness centers
- Adult Basic Education and High School Equivalency (HSE/TASC) test prep
- College and career planning assistance
- Job training and employment assistance
- Cultural and recreational activities
- Peer mentoring program
- Community residence, housing support, and placement
What’s the difference between casual use and addiction?
How can you help a loved one who can’t stay clean?
Need to talk? We’re here to help you, not to judge you.
Want to help? Join us in helping fellow New Yorkers in need.