ODYSSEY HOUSE RECOVERY CENTER
Odyssey House has always embraced a community-based approach to treatment and recovery. Individuals in our programs work together and help each other overcome their drug and alcohol problems, creating an interdependent community of compassionate support.
That’s why we operate Recovery Community and Outreach Center (RCOC) in the Bronx to supplement our Outpatient Services. The Odyssey House Recovery Center is a community-based, non-clinical setting that is safe, welcoming, and alcohol/drug-free.
Located at the Davidson Community Center, the Recovery Center promotes long-term recovery through skill building, recreation, wellness education, employment readiness, civic restoration opportunities, and other social activities.
Our trained staff will work with you to develop a wellness plan that will help you reach your goals in the four domains of recovery: health, home, purpose, and community. We’ll also help you and your family navigate the addiction treatment system and secure insurance coverage.
At the Recovery Center, you’ll have the chance to connect with peers who are going through similar challenges so you can benefit from shared experiences and commitment to common goals for recovery. Looking for a job? We can help you with that too. Our on-site computer lab is available for resume writing and computer skills training.
Here are a few more of the services you’ll have access to at the Recovery Center:
- Individualized wellness plans and recovery coaching
- Peer-led Support Meetings: OH ROCS support meeting, recovery support groups (men’s and women’s), LGBTQ support group
- Health & wellness: yoga, Afro-Caribbean dance
- Extracurricular Activities: book club, movie night, knitting class, board games, PlayStation activities
- Conflict Resolution Groups
- Seasonal activities and sober parties with DJ/food
Interested in learning more? Contact the Recovery Center at 212-361-1694 today!